Monday, July 25, 2011

OOTD--Island Girl


It's been ages since I've posted a proper OOTD, so here goes!

Today was my day off and so I headed to Peoria to have lunch with my mother, sister, and nephew. Due to the monsoon season, it's been terribly muggy the past few weeks, which means we don't want to spend any time outside! I was able to convince my photographer sister to snap a couple of quick outfit pics though, as I wanted to show off my new dress :-) This is another Vee Vin Tage creation--this time she made me a lovely and cool sundress from an early 40s sundress pattern using an amazing reproduction linen fabric printed with tropical islands and hula dancers. I was pretty excited when I came across this fabric online, as I have a vintage dress in the same exact print (though a different fabric). Vee Vin Tage also made a coordinating peach linen bolero to match the dress, but given the steamy temps I left it at home today!

xoxo,
Amanda Lee




1940s Reproduction Dress by Vee Vin Tage
1940s rust and cream linen purse
1940s brown leather and white kid platforms
Brown Bakelite drop earrings
Bamboo bracelets
Lip Ink Red Lipstick
Yellow and orange tropical flower

3 comments:

  1. Oh my I love that dress!! I've been doing lots of sewing and my favorite thing has to be picking fabrics. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter lives in Phoenix now and she is not enjoying it too much for sure!Makes our high 90's look cool! Speaking of cool, you look might good there my friend! Wish I could afford to have clothing made for me..dream of 1920's style clothing and perhaps even venturing into 30's as well...not easy to find anything.

    ReplyDelete