Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sock Hop at the 5 & Diner


Last Friday my Sweetie's band performed at a sock hop event hosted by the Savoy Hop Cats at a retro Phoenix diner. The event went off without a hitch--there was a big crowd with plenty of swing dancers, a bevy of classic cars, and waitresses serving up food and ice cream treats (great music, dancing, and milkshakes? That's what I call a winning combination!) Midway through the event, Brenda Lee hosted a swimsuit contest--and I won! I wore a black 1950s swimsuit trimmed with white beading that I found at Matilda's Closet along with a pair of retro satin mules. For the rest of the event, I wore a tropical print reproduction dress from the fab Blue Velvet Vintage and my fave white 40s heels, which are surprisingly comfortable to dance in.


xoxo,


Amanda Lee




















5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the win! You look gorgeous and so does your sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the win! My daughter is not into retro/vintage, but sounds like a fun place all the same. Where in Phoenix is it? She is new to the area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words! It was a really fun event--I hope they have us back again :-)

    Ruby, this 5 & Diner is located at 16th St and Colter. Your daughter might also like to check out the vintage soda fountain I work at, MacAlpine's, which is located at 7th St and Oak (between McDowell and Thomas.) It's a super cute place with fantastic food and ice cream :-)

    ReplyDelete