Sunday, March 14, 2010

Inspiration: USO Fashion



First, I must apologize for pulling the disappearing act again! Goodness, things have have been busy around here, but I certainly haven't forgotten my blogging duties (and I have been reading your blogs as well!)

Second, when I logged in today I was pleasantly surprised to see that I have over 200 followers now! I'll have to plan a little giveaway soon in honor of reaching this milestone, and to thank everyone for following :-)

And now on to our regularly scheduled program! Since the annual "Night in the 40s" USO-style dance (held at the Commemorative Air Force in Mesa) is coming up this Saturday, I thought it would be fun to post a few WWII USO photos for inspiration. I'd love to hear your thoughts on these, and for those of you who will also be attending the show this weekend, tell me about your outfit plans!








5 comments:

  1. The last photo is beautiful, the women look so glamorous. I still need to attend a USO show, and i would definitely wear something stylish and glam like these ladies!
    I can't wait to see your outfit, it'll be spectacular as usual! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos, even in "casual" wear the ladies back then still looked so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't they glamorous? I just adore Frances Langford's midriff tops--she looks amazingly elegant in her casual wear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pics! The USO night sounds amazing. I realised last Saturday that my need for glamorous evening things is greater than I thought, so I have to do a bit of shopping! Shame, hey ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great source of vintage fashion inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete