Sunday, July 22, 2012

Portrait of a Starlet


A couple of weeks ago I styled a model for a Hollywood glamour and pinup shoot with Doug Monce.  Tess had lovely, thick brown locks and gorgeous eyes--her looks really suit the 1940s--and she was a delight to work with!

For makeup, I used a mix of Ben Nye, MAC, and Yaby.  On her eyes, I applied Ben Nye Santa Fe on the lid, Mink Stole in the crease, and Vanilla to highlight.  A light dusting of Yaby Glazed Rose added a bit of shine and depth to the look.  Her brows were filled in slightly with MAC Coquette, applied with an angle brush, and before applying false lashes (Ardell 102s), I applied a thin line of black gel liner (Inglot 90).  On her cheeks I used Ben Nye Raspberry powder rouge, and I used MAC Red on her lips (which were lined with NYX Red.)

I helped with some of the wardrobe as well--for her first look, she wore a black satin nightgown trimmed with aqua bows, paired with a marabou stole and rhinestone jewelry.  For her second look, she wore a 1980s-does 40s cocktail dress paired with a mink stole and more rhinestones.  For her pinup looks, she wore a yellow 1940s-50s bathing suit and a red cherry tie top (made by Vee Vin Tage) paired with black sailor shorts made by Bettie Page Clothing; both outfits were worn with cherry jewelry from my collection.

I loved the way the shoot turned out--Tess looks like she was plucked straight from the pages of an old movie mag!

xoxo,
Amanda Lee




 

3 comments:

  1. She looks gorgeous, nice styling! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic styling! I especially like how you did her lovely locks and the look of the Betty Grable inspired swimsuit shoots.


    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great styling on these pics!

    By the way, my blog has moved to www.porcelinasworld.blogspot.com - please do pay a visit some time!

    Miss P xx

    ReplyDelete